Saturday, September 10, 2011

What am I thinking???!!!

Right now*, at 7:06am, I am entering the water for a 1.2 mile swim.

I'm going to then ride my bike for over 57** miles,

and follow that with a 13.1 mile run. 

WHAT AM I THINKING???
I guess I should stop saying I fake the triathlon thing.  I've done some solid training this summer.  Who knows if I trained well.  Or did the right stuff to be prepared.  But I know I can cover the distances.  The big variable will be the heat and humidity.  It's supposed to be bad.  Full sun, 82* and 100-90% humidity during race hours. 

But this is just for fun.  I can't take the tri stuff too seriously -- I won't.  I'm not strong enough to place, and this is a new distance for me -- so I can't be nervous.  Nerves not allowed.  I'm ready.  I can do this.  I can finish, and I will.  My goal is to do just that with a smile on my face.  Dive in. 


* I scheduled this post to go online just at the time my wave was set to start...
**Because of the hurricane damage to two bridges on the original course, the bike route was changed to a 2 loop course, which ends up being just over 57 miles.  No 70.3 for me -- more like ~72mi. 

2 comments:

Alison said...

Good luck and have fun!

Maggs said...

By now you should be done and I hope having a drink! I hope it was great. Can't wait to hear about it!