Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cannonball!


I ended my summer vacation with some late afternoon pool time with my nephews and sister.  Since it was the last day to swim here, we left in style -- after a series of cannonballs. 

Today, I jumped right into my new school year.  LOTS of changes -- tough ones -- to deal with, and challenges started right away.  But I made it through the day, and so far the kids/classes seem ok (with a couple of nudges already showing their colors).  Back into it tomorrow!

I'm in taper mode this week, so while I'm itching to get sweaty, today is a rest day on the schedule.  Works out well, actually, because it's pouring out, my feet are worked from an onmyfeetallday day, and I'm pretty exhausted.  Yep, I'll rest today. 

Gotta get ready to throw myself into a big race this Saturday.  A new challenge.  Cannonball!

3 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

I'm behind on blogs and KR stuff too. What are you tapering for? Good luck!

Cannonball! Love it! Throw yourself into this brand new school year!

Maggs said...

love the cannonball :-) good luck in your race this weekend. Can't wait to hear how you do.

Mindi said...

Nice! Yes, what race are you doing? GOOD LUCK AND KICK BUTT OUT THERE!