Sunday, September 25, 2011

Back to the Long Run

I got up early this morning, drove across to the city, and parked at the Art Museum loop.  By 7:10am, I started my run.  I kept the first loop (8.5mi) easy, and as I started the second loop, I picked up the pace.  5 miles into the second loop, I turned around and ran those 5 back. 

18 miles done.  It felt great to get back to the longer running. 

I definitely have lost some of my longer endurance at a faster pace, but the run was solid.  I may not be ready to go after a marathon time I was chasing in my last 26.2, but the HIM training was worth it.  I haven't decided on any goals for this race yet.  It's too soon.  I have a bunch more long runs to go, and I'm looking forward to all of them :) 


************************************************************************************************************************
Cindi (and Mindi!) - I registered for the Philly Marathon well before I committed to the half iron distance tri this summer.  As of now, I'm training to run it, but I'm not sure I'll have the solid training in (it's 8 weeks away) to go after a time I've chased in the past...  My sister and I should have a guaranteed entry to the NYC marathon for next November. 

3 comments:

Mindi said...

Very impressive to jump right back into 18 miles. My guess is that the HIM left you very conditioned and you won't have too much trouble getting into race shape by November. Great to hear things coming together so well for you!

Alison said...

Isn't it a funny feeling when you're kind of in between goals? I'm in that same place myself right now!

Charisa said...

i love this - sounds like a perfect morning long run!