Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Frustrations.

I should clarify that image. I'm not feeling stressed, just frustrated. Banging my head seems appropriate for this as well.


Frustrations. I have a lot of them today.

My kids at school are wearing on me. The students of today are NOT as smart as the kids I taught 10 years ago. Not only are they lacking in basic skills, they are lacking in common sense, and they are lazy. That's right. Even they admit to the lazy part. I know it doesn't sound good for the teacher to feel this way, but it's true. It's frustrating. It's wearing on me.

I got an email at work today about a special schedule coming up for a district writing test. This schedule has many of us working while a whole other group of teachers has an hour off. Free. No commitments. Yeah, that's fair. Frustrating.

A certain someone. At times, I'm feeling like there's still a definite interest. Things said, actions done, lead me to think that. Then, in the next minute, not so much. I don't want to walk away, and I don't want to push the issue, but I also don't like the hot/cold of it all. Frustrating.

My motivation with house projects. I've started some things, and I have ideas for others. But my lack of an interior decorator eye and my distaste for shopping stalls these projects. I've enlisted my sister's help, but I need to get some things done. I just wish someone like Thom Filicia would come do it all while I was at work one day. (See, I really thought running right, smack into him during the Great Urban Race would've made us BFF. My email apology to him about sweating all over him and running away went unanswered, though.) Anyway, the point is, I have house stuff that needs/I want to get done. But I'm not doing it. Frustrating.

My working out. Yes, I'm following D's schedule. Yes, my running's going just fine. But I don't feel like it's enough. I miss the two-a-day workouts of the summer. I could fit in a swim or a bike ride after my runs some days during the week. I could. But, I know D wouldn't really like that, and I have way less time in my day during the school year than I do in the summer. I should be spending more dedicated time to stretching and core work. I do that stuff (most mornings when I wake up), but not as diligently as I should. I'm not sure why my motivation is lower about that, but it is. Frustrating.

If I think about it, I can come up with several more frustrations. But the ones above are the biggies. These are the ones -- school stuff, guy stuff, house stuff, and workout stuff -- that I think about most. I'm not feeling stressed about them, but I am feeling frustrated.

Like I want to bang my head against the wall.

3 comments:

CitySolve Urban Race said...

Don't forget CitySolve Urban Race. It's all over the US. Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Jason
www.citysolveurbanrace.com

Maria said...

WTF Thom, I though we all were TIGHT! :-)

Hang in there lady!!

Aimee said...

I'm a willing participant!! Let's get some house stuff done!!

Hear ya on the working out... I have no time to do more than get a run in, but I feel like I should be doing more, too.

Work sucks. I don't know how you do it.

Guys. Can't live with 'em, can't live with 'em. :)