Monday, September 28, 2009

sick


Better now, than next week. Went to bed with a sore throat Friday and woke up with a head cold Saturday morning. All day at work at the running store I was sniffling and my voice was fading and my head was getting heavier and heavier. I was desperately trying to ignore it, but late in the afternoon, when my coworker commented on my voice, I knew I couldn't pretend it wasn't happening. I left work, sent a message to a doc friend, and by 8pm, I had my first dose of the z-pak in me. Let's knock this stuff out before it settles into my chest!

No voice by Saturday night, head cold raging and not much better Sunday -- although I did get to the Eagles game for a bit -- and no voice today, either, although my head isn't as heavy today.

Good news is, I still got my long run done on Sunday morning (in the rain, no less!). Plan was for 12 miles, with the middle 7-8 at race pace (8:30-8:40). Despite my chest and back being super sore from all the sneezing, I nailed the paces and had a good run. Another easy 4 and a day off from work today (school's closed!), and I'm hoping the cold is on it's way out. Let's just see if I'll have a voice in the morning...

4 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Lots of sick germs floating around. Get better!

Michael said...

Yeah, I'm fighting the same thing. Except, unlike you, I cut my Sunday long run short. :)

Charisa said...

:( Feel better soon!

Maria said...

It's trying to get ahold on me too but I refuse to let it ...my mom used to say I was too ornery to get sick :-)

Hope you're feeling better!