Tuesday, September 15, 2009

3 things

I'm trying really hard to be, feel, and live with more positive thinking. I've been having a rough go of things lately, and I need to bring more good stuff into my life. I need to appreciate the good that's already around me.

I could talk about how good my running's been going, but I feel the need to wait on that until after the half marathon this Sunday.

Instead, I'll list 3 things that were good today:
  • I got a lunchtime run in! I had my lunch period and then prep period back to back at the end of the day, so I asked permission to use my lunch for a run. Granted, by my VP who also runs. Sweet. Sunny, warm, clear day.
  • A visit with my grandmother, who was actually sitting up when I got there. I brought her a card to sign for my mom for her birthday, and although I had to help her with the writing, she signed the card for her daughter. At the end of my short visit, I kissed her and told her I love her. She kissed me back and said the same. Then, as she always would, she watched out the window and waved as I drove away.
  • I spent about a half hour on the beach with my family, and then jumped in the ocean. There were some clear jellies, and it was a bit of a big ocean, but it was warm.

Truthfully, I could list 2 more things that were good today. A conversation with co-workers that caught me by surprise, and an unexpected chance to say a quick hello with my brother's kids.

THINK good things, look for good things, and maybe, just maybe, that PMA my dad keeps talking about will take hold. Positive Mental Attitude. I'm ready for good things.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Should have listed the additional two on FB..... :)

solarpowered said...

I'm biting my tongue. :)

Aimee said...

Helloooo out there????