Saturday, November 22, 2008

Night before a half...

I'm running the Philadelphia Half Marathon tomorrow.

It's going to be cold.

I haven't done any speedwork since before the MCM, except to throw some tempo miles in the middle of a short run this past week.

I haven't been really excited about my running for the past few weeks, but I think I've figured out why, so I'm not too worried about that.

Figuring out what to wear is ridiculous. How do you dress for a race that will take you (hopefully) just shy of 2 hours to complete when the temperature will feel like 17* at the start and actually barely even hit 30* by the time you finish? How do you get it right? You'll either overdress and be uncomfortable (or throw away stuff you hadn't intended to) or you'll underdress and be uncomfortable (and seriously contemplate picking up stuff you see that someone else threw away -- or actually do it).

I'm not sure what to expect tomorrow. I really don't care about how I do -- I haven't trained to race this one -- but I'd like to come in under 2 hours.

It's gonna be cold.

2 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

You'll figure out the right combo. I'd err on the warmer side and shed clothing. Since its not an ultra speedy goal race for you, you can always wrap tops around your waist or tuck things into your pants instead of tossing them.

Have fun!

Maggs said...

Good luck! Stay warm.