Sunday, November 30, 2008

Long holiday weekend...

After taking Monday and Tuesday off after the HM, I was back at it the rest of the week:
*4 mi Wednesday
*5 hilly mi Thursday, then I proceeded to drink an entire bottle of wine myself, while enjoying a day-long feast at my parents' house, along with some football and soccer with my brother, sister, SIL and neices and nephews
*5 mi at the shore Friday
*9.5 mi (LR) Saturday, with a break early in to spectate and cheer on friends in a 5k

Then I joined the new gym. I got a good deal, so my infrequent trips there won't make me feel guilty. I will continue to do the majority of my running outside, but I wanted the option of taking it in when the weather gets nasty during the winter. This gym also has a pool, so I really don't have any excuses for not getting some swimming in before summer.

But I took today off from working out. I did some core work and stretching, but the rest of my physical activity took the form of overdue housework.

It was a long holiday weekend, but in a way, I almost feel like this whole week was a diversion from my normal routine. I know I've gained about 3 pounds, and that's frustrating. I've gotta get my focus back, drop the extra pounds, and set a schedule for my runs this week. Then I've got to decide what my next goal is -- I'm not good without a plan to follow.

Back at it tomorrow...

4 comments:

phdatc said...

I understand about a plan to follow. We are working on just that ourselves... andd everyday represents a new opportunity to get it right.

Dan said...

I have races to start thinking about but need to find the motivation to get at it. The week of gluttony has made me feel guilty...but not motivated.

A bottle of wine? You must be 90% liver.

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

I hear ya. I'm not good without a plan either. Schedules and plans are what motivates me.

Maria said...

Yay for pool access!!!