Saturday, March 9, 2013

Spring is Coming!

Yesterday morning, I awoke to this: 
It proceeded to snow all day.  It was a wet, heavy snow that blew around like we were living in a snowglobe, but it never really settled onto the roads.  I actually looked forward to running in the snow after work -- but of course, by the time I got home the snow (and even the drizzly rain it became) ended.

And then, as if by magic, it seemed like spring arrived overnight.  I woke up in the early hours of the day, too warm, and opened my bedroom window.

When I got out of bed just a bit later, the sun was shining and the crisp air was refreshing.  I did an easy run around town and then headed to my nephew's basketball game.  And while dropping my other nephew off back at home, we marveled at the spring flowers that popped out overnight.
I stretched out on my deck chair all afternoon -- face in the sun, napping.  Exactly what I needed today.  I'm so ready for days like today to be the norm, not a pleasant diversion from the cold and grey.   Come on, SPRING!

1 comment:

Paul said...

Hallelujah!

Sun, here we come! Hope spring springs soon!