Sunday, November 7, 2010

Busy Week

Oof -- what a busy, busy week. I finished physical therapy on Tuesday, had parent conferences M/T/W, off from work but headed to the shore Thursday, worked all day at the running store on Friday and Saturday, and worked the water stop at the Cooper Norcross 10k Bridge Run this morning. The latter part of the week was all good -- I haven't been to the shore in a bunch of weeks and the running store was really, really busy as race central. But I'm still not sleeping much, and now I'm beat.

My running's been good -- I worked up to a consecutive 3 miles, and I'll do that a few times over the next week or so before I pop it up some more. I need to force myself to continue to do the leg strengthening exercises I learned at PT, but so far the calf is feeling ok. Whew.

Today's race is one that our store is heavily involved with. In addition to registration, packet pick-up, and acting as race central, we are also responsible for the water stop near the 5 mile mark. Every year we layer up, grab coffee (I bring bagels for everyone, too), and our H2O shirts (and one chicken costume),
and get set up for nearly 4000 runners.

It's cold, it's early, and it's work, but it's fun -- even at the end of a very busy week.

No comments: