Monday, June 14, 2010

One mile

It may not seem like much, but that's how far my dad walked today. He's still in a brace like this one:

and he will be until August. But today he walked a mile. Considering he was less than half an inch from certain paralysis, this mile is a true milestone. He's still broken, but he's healing -- and though it's frustrating to be in his position, he knows he's lucky.

I also did a mile today -- actually, a little over a mile -- in the pool. Good swim, though my arms were feeling it since I haven't been in the pool in over a week.

Tomorrow I'll do some more miles on the road. I can't wait. Between this calf stuff and my dad's injuries and limited mobility, I am aware of how wonderful it is to be able to run (or walk!) at all. Even if it's just a mile...

3 comments:

Mindi said...

Wow - that is great news!

Aimee said...

Yay! Davis miles!!

Charisa said...

So glad your dad is walking - a mile is huge! And you are running - yeah!