Thursday, June 24, 2010

First day of vaca...

The last week or so has been super filled with end of the year stuff at work, getting back into more regular running (calf is NOT 100%, but it's better), and hours at the running store. This morning, my alarm was not set and though I woke up early, I let myself doze and lounge in bed until after 8am. I NEVER do that! It was much needed, though.

So today is day one of summer vacation. My calf is bugging me a bit today, so I'll get out for a bike ride instead of a run, and I'll play in the pool with my nephews and maybe get a swim in, too.

I was blindsided last night at the group run by some new info about the craigslist guy and his fictional stories to other people about our relationship. Stunned, I was. Lies, deception, fiction still happening 3 months after the ad was placed. Ugh. Hit me hard, 'cause C isn't talking to me these days, and as far as I know he moved out of state yesterday. God, how things have changed in the past 5 months.

So, here's my plan for the first day of vacation:
  • get out of bed when I want - check
  • get car check-up/oil change done at 9am - check
  • go for an hour bike ride - (shortly)
  • eat less food - (gotta drop these few extra pounds)
  • pool time - (with my nephews, probably)
  • probably meet up with out of town friends who ROCK and are in Philly for the week+ - (later)

Not a bad day.

I'm looking forward to taking my vacation days as they come. I'll be working at the store a bunch (hopefully!), I'll be getting good workouts done (hopefully! c'mon, calf! cooperate!), I'll be getting to the beach when I can, I'll get in a trip somewhere toward the middle of the summer (after a visit from my Chicago cousin and a mud run with friends). I'll read books that I want to, I'll eat sushi on the deck with my neighbor, and I'll get some house projects done (hopefully!).

I will work to put the negatives behind me, and I'll just take each day as it comes. Hopefully, the blindsiding is done. But who knows. Right now, I've got a bike ride and a sunshiney (though HOT) day to enjoy.

2 comments:

Christie said...

Sounds like a plan to me. Have a great summer. Also, I'm glad you're dad is doing better.

Charisa said...

Your summer vacation plan sounds awesome - have fun! Sorry the CL stuff of lies and stuff is still there. Glad you are able to run again.