Sunday, March 7, 2010

15 miles of good.

Crisp, perfect temps.
Bright sunshine and clear skies.
Great tunes on the ipod.
Easy paced miles.
Clear paths and roads -- no more snow covering them!
Saying good morning to everyone I pass and having them return the hello.
A good route that took me around bodies of water and parks and through town.
Seeing my sister and several friends along the way.
Solid legs.
Noticing the little purple flowers bursting through the ground around the park trees.
Surviving the diminishing energy in mile 12 (a usual thing) to finish strong.
Only having to stop at two traffic lights.
Getting a little more color on my face.

15 miles of solo, peaceful, energizing, rejuvenating running.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Yep, seeing me was the highlight! Ha! :)

Maria said...

I love smiling and exchanging "good mornings" with other runners, one of my most favorite things!

Christie said...

Seems like the perfect run. The weather has been wonderful the past few days.