Monday, February 22, 2010

Grown-up kids

18 miles yesterday morning with G and my sister. Good run, easy pace, nice weather. Other than my 305 flaking out on me at mile 15, everything went well with that run. Some light crankiness in my knees (mainly the left) for a bit, but today all is well.

Then, lunch with a friend.

A trip to my sister's to pick up some wiffleball bats, and a quick toss with my 4 year old nephew.

Back to my friend's; then beers in hand, a walk across the street to the snow-covered ball field.
With only 3 of us able to play -- and a bunch of friends "too busy" to join us -- we played wiffleball like kids. Sort of.

We pitched, we hit, we fielded. In the snow. Our shoes got wet, the bottom of our jeans got wet, and some of us even fell in the snow several times. We laughed, made fun of each other, and cheered great hits and impressive catches.

But we didn't spill our beers.

We played like kids. With grown-up drinks. :)

3 comments:

KP said...

May just be me, but it sure does seem like you're enjoying being you lately. :D

Aimee said...

Good thing you grown ups have kid friends to loan you the "equipment" you need for your adventures... sleds, wiffleball bats... what's next? Super soakers in the springtime??!! :)

Joe said...

This brings up memories for me - same kind of thing, but no beer though (probably not a good idea at that age heh). Sounds like you had a really nice time of it