Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blizzard forces treadmill run.

It's like a news headline. I finally had to give in and hit the treadmill for my run. We had a bit of a lull in the blizzard, so I headed over to my sister's to get my 7 miles w/4@ mp done.

This is what it looked like out my windows when I left for my sister's:


The run started a bit rough -- it's been a while since I've been on the TM -- but ended up just fine. I hit the paces (which were pretty regulated on the TM, except I kicked it up one notch for the last speed mile) and was glad to finish. I think I'll be on the TM for most of my runs for at least the next several days. When I left my sister's and got home, the snow was starting again.

By the time I got into my house after doing some shovelling, this is what it looked like out my windows:

The cloudy look to the sky is the heavy snow falling. It's tough to see in the pictures.
I admit, watching the snow fall out my big bank of windows is cool. It looks pretty coming down. But then I look out at the street and realize how much is out there, and how long it'll be before I can get out and run without thinking about dodging cars and slipping on the streets, and I'm tired of it.

In the meantime, though, the Blizzard Beer Mile is set for 3pm today with the running store people. The message about it said registration (at the local HS track) is at 2:59 and the race starts at 3pm. Bring 4 beers and a bag for trash. This should be interesting, funny, and intriguing. The track's not plowed, and these guys take these beer miles pretty seriously.

All this snow is a real pain, but yes, there's some fun in it too.

2 comments:

Jen Jones said...

So pretty! Wow.

Maggs said...

Wow, that just looks cold. Beautiful, but cold.