Sunday, February 7, 2010

enough already!


27+ inches of snow. Yep, more than 2 feet. This is ridiculous. I couldn't even open my front door! I had to push the snow until I could squeeze out sideways and then shovel the rest. I know it's winter, but we never have to deal with this much snow. It's pretty coming down, it's pretty on the trees and on the banks of the river, but when it sticks on the road and makes it impossible to run, really, it's too much. I'm over the snow.

I had a 16 miler on the schedule today, and there was no way I'd get it done on the streets around my town. Icy, narrow because of the plowing, shoulder-less, snowy streets. Snowfilled sidewalks. Nowhere to run. Grr.

I headed over to Philly, and hoped I'd be able to run around the Art Museum loop. Kelly Drive was terrible, but I made my way up it and over Falls Bridge, and then West River Drive was MUCH better. I was able to get all 16 done out there, and avoided the treadmill.

Whew.

But now we're expecting another snowstorm Tuesday into Wednesday. Possibly another foot. Running is going to be frustrating and difficult for a long time.

Gah. It's enough already.

5 comments:

Maggs said...

Wow. That's a lot of snow. Stay warm and safe!

Maria said...

I must say, was sooooo glad that first batch missed us! I don't think we'll be as lucky by mid-week :(

Great job on making your LR happen and on your terms!

KP said...

Nice way to get the long run in...

Now imagine dealing with that for 12-15 weeks.

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Think of what a great workout shoveling all that stuff was!

And you'll get another great workout shoveling round two!

Aimee said...

I'm impressed with your ability to get the running done outside. I've been a slave to the tm lately, though I have to say, it hasn't been too bad. Running around town is going to be a challenge for a while longer!!