Monday, May 18, 2009

I'm so tired.

I'm not sure why, except this was a jam-packed weekend.

I wanted to call out sick today, but couldn't for a couple reasons. I could barely keep my eyes open at work, and in fact, I fell asleep at my desk while grading papers at lunch.

I didn't plan on creating an entire blog post about how heavy my eyes are, and how many times I yawned today, and how as nice out as it was today, I was so glad this was a planned rest day so I could just sit on my deck and read a magazine and doze.

However, I feel like I created this blog to chronicle my life as it is powered, and the reality is, it's not always that full of power. Shocker, I know. As much as I like to move, as much as I can't really sit still very long, and as much as I love to run, there's a part of me that needs to just do nothing sometimes.

It sucks when that happens on a beautiful, sunny, cool day like today -- a day where as much as I want to go for a run or get out there on my bike, my body just can't.

That's when the lounge chair on my deck becomes my favorite place to be. And so it was this afternoon.

And now, I'm going to bed. I hope I'm not so overtired that I can't sleep... tomorrow's an early morning run before work.

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Take children's benadryl at night. I take a half some nights. It works for me.

Maria said...

Might it be allergies?

I hope you're feeling more chipper by now... one day left till a long weekend!!!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

If the benedryl doesn't do the trick, try a nice bottle of red wine. ;-)

Aimee said...

Red wine = better than baby benadryl.

My night tonight will be proof of that. :) (How do I add a red faced smiley here?)

Stephen said...

Hope you feel better and have a great holiday weekend.