Sunday, January 25, 2009

It all caught up to me

-- all the sleepless nights and work frustrations and everything else that has felt out of whack lately -- and I crashed hard Friday night. I was asleep before 9:30pm. I did wake up a couple times in the night, but by the time I got out of bed Saturday morning, I was looking forward to my first real long run in a long time.

15 miles. It was a beautiful morning for a run -- about 40*, getting cooler as I ran, and sunny.

My legs were feeling it by the time I finished yesterday, but I got out for an easy 6.2 miles this morning and that helped to work out any leftover kinks.

Even though all the other stuff is still out of balance and a bit troubling, and it all caught up to me this weekend, at least my running worked.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Great job! Hope everything else works itself out for the best. My Sat run was nice, I can't imagine running in 40*. Crazy cold-weather runners :)

Charisa said...

Awesome job on the run! Weird how too much stuff on the plate eventually catches up to us huh? Hope you got some rest :)