Monday, October 26, 2009

I know how they stay skinny.

The female celebrities, that is.

My sister showed me an article in one of those women's magazines (I forget which one it was) that revealed the secret to the celeb's flat tummys!
Apple cider vinegar. Drink 2 tablespoons of it a day. The article suggested you can do it straight, or put it over string beans. Or put it over something else. I forget what. I think I was stuck on the fact that they suggested string beans.

Anyway, apparently the celebs are swearing by it. So, as someone who has constantly struggled with the extra spare tire around my waist, I decided to try it. Thought I'd even buy my sister a bottle of the stuff so that she could get her tummy celebrity-flat, too. I'm a good sis like that.

And then I tried it.

Oh.my.God. Barf.

I did the first tablespoon and almost vomited right there over my sink. Seriously. I didn't know how I'd get the second one down. I decided that if it was ok to have the vinegar over string beans, it would be ok to do a water chaser before the second shot. Even the water didn't quell my queasiness.

But I got the second tablespoon ready to go and forced it down.

Holy.hell.

I completely understand now how these celebrity women can claim that this apple cider vinegar is the secret to a flat tummy. You puke after drinking it.

Ok, so I never actually vomited, but I really did feel like I was going to for hours after doing the shots. No kidding.

I'd love a secret weapon for the flat tummy, but if this is it I'll have to stick to the eating right, running, working out, and situps secret instead.

Anybody need an entire bottle of apple cider vinegar? It's a big one, 'cause I was ready for a super flat tummy...
*Hold the presses! In my search for the image to post here, I found another article that suggests mixing a teaspoon of the vinegar with 1/3 cup water and even adding a teaspoon of honey to increase the effectiveness, and drinking that 2-3 times a day. Dare I try this?*

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Step Away From The Vinegar, Lora.

(you don't need it, anyway.... )

:)

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Ewwwwwwwwww. I'd rather just run some extra miles!

Michael said...

You're fabulous already, knucklehead!

:)

Charisa said...

Ewwwwwwwww! Stick with running and eating healthy food :) Much more fun!!!

Maria said...

Don't do it! You're one hot number as it is... if you want some more definition in the abs, more yoga! It does a body & mind good :-)