Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Colors of Marathon

One of the things I noticed while on my early morning runs last week was just how colorful Marathon, Florida is. As the sun rose, I ran my last run in the Keys with my phone in tow, and snapped a sample of all the color that brightens this wonderful area my family calls home for a couple months each year.
Multi-colored houses,
lots of purples and pinks and whites and reds and
  
beautiful blue skies with piercing rays of sun against the green of the palms

and the pinks and oranges of the dawn.

It was a relaxing week, although for some reason this pic makes me look tense about something.  Perhaps it was because a waiter was in the background and it took forever to snap this one. 

And one funny part of the week was when Roxie would chase after these guys when she found them in the yard.  There were lots of little babies all around, so she always had something to run after!

Yup, it was a relaxing week.  Sunny skies, lots of warm temps, fishing with my dad, poolside with my mom, kayaking, running, open water swimming.  Weird thing is, since I've been home, it's been as warm here as it was down there.  Too bad I don't have that pool to jump into...

***********************************************************************************************************************
There were a lot of you who offered congrats on the 7 Mile Bridge race.  Thanks!  It was fun to see so many people's messages here!
RFTL - I'm running the Broad Street 10 miler in Philly this weekend, then I'll fake some more tri's this summer and decide what's next... 
Joe - really?  A magnet that referred to 7 Mile Island?  Did you ask them?  I'd have thought it was for the bridge, too!
Paul -- yup -- I've used calf sleeves.  If you go back to the posts from this past summer, you'll see I was practically living in them for a while!  These days, the calf is doing well -- and I'm taking care to recover with the compression socks and roll it out after harder/longer runs.  Thanks!
Alison - Thanks!  And I love your blog. I need to comment there more. 
Jen and Shawn and Mindi -- you should all run this one!  It's a fun one to be a part of!  Jen -- you'd likely win the women's race! 
Black Knight -- so cool to connect with someone around the world :)  I'd love to know how you found me, and I'm jealous of where you are!
Charisa -- thanks, as always, for your enthusiasm :)  You are an inspiration. 

3 comments:

Jen Jones said...

I'm glad you had a great trip--next year perhaps we can meet up for a run or race!

About the Bridge Run--haha, it's my friend, and toughest competitor down here, Marlene who wins it every year! She's speedy, I'd need to bring my most serious A Game to beat her!

Charisa said...

I LOVE this post!!! So fun :) Have a great weekend!

Mindi said...

I'd love to run it sometime. Meet up? :)