Sunday, February 13, 2011

Red Face... and, What the Hell Happened to My Honey?

It was warm, like a sunburn, and when I looked in the mirror, I realized my face was red-ish.  I noticed it had more color than, say, my arms.  And there was a little bit of a tingly buzz to it. 

And it made me smile.  I know it's only (probably) windburn or something from my 12 miler at the shore (into the cold wind) this weekend, but in the middle of this cold, full-of-snow winter, my face looks like it got some sun.  LOVE IT. 

I tried taking a picture to show you, but -- quite honestly -- I looked pretty haggard and wrinkled in every one I took.  It's been a long, busy week+ and close-ups weren't being friendly.  So you'll have to just take my word for it...

And,

what the hell happened to my honey?
 
It got all cloudy and thick and almost impossible to squeeze out of the bottle.  It's not clear and oozy anymore.  When I finally get some out it's like the sugars crystallized.  This is the first time I've ever had a bottle of honey in my house (don't laugh) and I don't know what happened to it.
 
What happened?

3 comments:

Paul said...

crystalized. Soak it in hot water and all will be well 8)

Aimee said...

"And, what the hell happened to my honey?"

Oh, this could be applied to so much in my life. Love this line.

Joe said...

What Paul said re: the honey.

And cool about the faux-sunburn - you folks out there could use more of the real stuff for certain.