Thursday, August 5, 2010

Heading West

After some solid running this week (Tuesday was an 8 mile run with 4 miles at MP in the middle, and I did it!), I also had some miles that made me nervous -- my left achilles is still tightening up on me, so I saw a new doc today. He did some serious ART stuff on me which made me almost cry and then taped me up and gave me the go-ahead to run.

Good thing, 'cause tomorrow I fly to Minnesota to stay with friends and run the Urban Wildland Half Marathon this weekend! I'm not racing it - I'm just going to enjoy running in a state that I've never been to before. I'm going to tour around on Sunday, and then head to Vegas on Monday.

After a night in Vegas (what happens there, stays there!) I'm driving to LA. Woot! I love California. I'm staying in Santa Monica and hopefully visiting with a couple old friends. I may road trip a bit north or a bit south if I feel like it, too.

This is a week of seeing places I've never seen before (MN and Vegas), doing things I've never done (driving from Vegas to LA), and taking the days as they come. I'm going to run in all three states, I'm going to do touristy things, and I'm going to catch up with people I haven't seen in a long time.

And then, I'll fly home and really appreciate my last couple weeks of summer vacation.

3 comments:

Maggs said...

While you're out west, pop over to Hawaii :-)

phdatc said...

say hi to the MN contingent for me!!!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

It was fun running with you at the Urban half!